1) A checklist for leadership success. How would you/your team rate your performance ?
- Have a clear IDENTITY. Be sure you know who you are and what you stand for. A leader , parent , school governor , football coach. Ask yourself what would your passport say on the page headed “ who is xxxxxxx and what do they believe in ? How do want to be physically , emotionally, mentally and spiritually ?
- Generate a clear VISION for SUCCESS in all the areas ( and beliefs ) that are important to you. What would it look like , feel like , sound like ? How would you know when you had got there ? Share this vision with those important to you.
- Raise the ENERGY levels by aligning your thoughts, beliefs and emotions to your vision. All successful leaders ( and teams ) operate with high energy levels. Imagine how great it would be if everyone shared your dream and were passionate about working towards it. If you can imagine it you can make it happen. Help your team to find ways to address the six human needs of certainty, growth, significance, variety, connection and contribution. Ensure they can overcome any “ survivor syndrome “
- Take ACTION to make the things you want happen. Set out and agree clear specific outcomes leading to actions now. Check the results you get and if it worked do more. If it didn’t work try something else ! Work to create small successes and a virtuous circle of ambition , actions , results.
2) Come and talk to us at the NEC in September.
If you want to learn more about how to make real change, get more from your people and make massive improvements in business performance, come and talk to us on our stand (no. D125). We will be sharing some live examples and will be providing complimentary Creative 'Learning' Improvement Packs with a wealth of knowledge for you to take away and use in your business.
David Buffin will be speaking about how to facilitate Creative Change Programmes and secure profitable results against the economic challenges with people and the markets. Recent and real case studies will describe how to inspire commitment from the Board and output from the workforce to meet customer requirements. David is speaking in the Learning Seminar Programme in the Main Exhibition Hall from 11.00 on Tuesday 28 September.
3) Watch out for this new book
‘7 Habits on the Inside’ book from FranklinCovey
I received a call a couple weeks ago to let me know that the final draft of ‘7 Habits on the Inside’ book from FranklinCovey is ‘pretty much ready to print …’ There will be a whole chapter on the work we have achieved so far working with young offenders in prison. See how we apply state of the art corporate leadership models to enable young people to reshape their lives.‘Chapter 5: The Chrysalis Programme in the United Kingdom’ I will let you know when it is published.